This is the first time I have attempted to use lending tree. My wife and I decided to take it vantage of the tremendous amount of equity in our home and get a small, very small home equity loan.

I was specific about my request, however after submitting all of the information requested I was presented by a web page full of offers to refinance my home. That is not what I asked for, we currently have an interest rate of 2.5% I am not about to refinance with current rates being more than double that. Additionally, I have received 28 phone calls in less than 24 hours since my inquiry attempting to get me to refinance my home. There is no way on gods green earth I am going to try and suss out who is legitimate and who isnt for one.

Second of all, at least 3/4 of the few messages I have listen to or for refinancing my home. Lending tree may be a good company/brokerage but they fail as far as Im concerned for the sheer volume of calls I have received which are overwhelming and for not listening to my request.

User's recommendation: Don’t go through Lending tree unless you want your phone to blow up with telemarketing calls.

Location: Bremerton, Washington