510 views

I put my info into Lending Tree to see what options I had for a mortgage. During the process I was asked to put just the LAST 4 of my social security number and there would be no hard pulls done.

On the site they ask several questions and one of them was, “Is this your auto loan rate”? It was, so I clicked yes. I NEVER asked for a loan, refinance... NOTHING!!

My auto loan is only 4 months old and my rate is 3.99%! All of a sudden I started getting TONS of phone calls, voice mails... from mortgage companies even though I stated on the Lending Tree site, when they ask when I would be interested in getting a loan, that I may be interested in a mortgage in a 5-6 months, NOT now. That is not the worst part!

I soon received notifications, because I have credit monitoring, telling me that several companies have done a hard pull credit inquiry on me for an auto loan! I called the one credit union that did it and they told me that I have to send them a copy of my driver’s license and FULL SS # so they can do a ID theft report. I told them it was NOT ID theft, THEIR company ran my credit without my permission and ask how did they run my credit without my FULL SS#? They said when I signed up with Lending Tree I gave them permission.

So, I call Lending Tree and explain the situation. They told me that when I said yes, that is my auto loan rate, I gave them permission because it is in the small print that I accept hard pulls! My head felt like it was going to explode!

I recommend that if you do NOT want hard pulls on your credit report, STAY AWAY FROM LENDING TREE or be VERY careful on their site because if you just check options for a mortgage, NOT apply for one, you will be harassed non-stop by lenders, and if you answer ANY questions about your auto loan, such as, “Is this your loan rate”? they will sell your info to lenders that will do hard pulls and lower your credit score!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lendingtree Website.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Location: 11115 Rushmore Dr, Charlotte, NC 28277, USA